We’re all in the car driving out of the church car park and heading to a large conference centre for some baptisms that were planned after the service. As the baptisms were taking place in a swimming pool the church planned a family fun day at the same time so that the children could all go swimming too.
“I so excited to go swimming in the special swimming pool, Mummy.”
“I know you are, Darling. You haven’t stopped talking about it all day!” I give my husband a sideways look. We both laugh.
“Although, Sweetheart, you won’t be able to go swimming straight away.”
“Because there are some people that are going to be baptised…er…” I struggle to work out how to explain baptisms to a four year old so my husband interjects.
“There are some people who are going to get in the swimming pool first because they want to tell Jesus and everybody else that they love Him so much and are really thankful that He loves them too.” Gosh, I’m grateful for his straight forward way of explaining things!
“Oh.” She says. “Mummy?”
“When I a grown nut I want to be bap…… er?”
“Do you mean baptised?”
At this point we’re feeling so emotional that she would want to make such a public declaration like that.
“Oh Darling that’s lovely. Why do you want to be baptised?”
“Because then I get to go swimming first!”
Can’t stop laughing! 😀
“Mummy, why it’s Father’s Day?”
“Well, do you remember that day when we went to the restaurant for lunch, then went to feed the ducks and you gave me a special card and yummy breakfast in bed?”
“Well, that was Mother’s Day, or Mummy’s special day and now it’s Daddy’s turn.”
She smiles and grabs my arm to bring me closer.
“You’re the best mummy the whole entire word and I love you such a lot!”
Oh! My heart is melting! :’)
1.What is something Mummy always says to you? – Be kind and listen and play.
- What makes Mummy happy? – play time, tea time and bath time
- What makes Mummy sad? – Not going for a bath, or tea time (eating tea) or go to bed (I think she means when she doesn’t do those things.)
- How does Mummy make you laugh? – Being silly
- What was Mummy like as a child? – a Silly Billy
- How old is mummy? – 35
- How tall is mummy? – (Puts her hand on my head – I’m sitting down)
8.What is Mummy’s favourite thing to do? – Be pretty.
- What does Mummy do when you’re not here? – nothing (!!!!!) (WHAT THE…..???!!) emphasis mine
- If Mummy becomes famous what will it be for? – Being good.
- What is Mummy really good at? – computering
- What is Mummy not very good at? – Not playing
- What is Mummy’s job? – washing up
- What makes you proud of Mummy? – being really really happy
- What is Mummy’s favourite food? – Spaghetti
- What do you and Mummy do together? – Write together
- How are you and Mummy the same? – Long hair
- If Mummy was a cartoon character who would she be? – Kate from ‘Kate and Mimim’
- How are you and Mummy different? – Eyes don’t match
- How do you know Mummy loves you? – happy and smile and kisses
- What does Mummy like best about daddy? – being kind and talk to her
- Where is Mummy’s favourite place to go? – Church
- How old was mummy when she had you? – 24 (Mummy wishes as that would make her currently 28!!)