This recipe has become a firm family favourite in our home. It’s a perfectly delicious way of using up leftover chicken from your Sunday Roast.
This is my version of the recipe inspired by The Pampered Chef recipe here: http://tinyurl.com/aeu26p8
My version of the recipe is smaller as the dish I use is smaller, but also my method is much easier to follow!
Mexican Chicken Lasagne
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
1 packet (200 g) full fat soft cheese
200 g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
1 jar (395 g) enchilada cooking sauce, divided
4 corn tortillas
300 g (or whatever is leftover from your roast) skinless, boneless cooked chicken, diced
1. Place cream cheese in a microwavable dish and heat for about 30 seconds. Add cheddar cheese (saving a little) and coriander and mix. Set aside.
2. Dice onion and precook until soft – either in the microwave or saute in a pan.
3. Quarter tortillas so that they will fit into your casserole dish.
4. Place enchilada sauce in a bowl and dip tortillas in sauce before placing in casserole dish.
5. Layer the lasagne starting with sauce covered tortillas, soft cheese mixture, chicken and onion. You could probably get two or three layers depending on the size of your dish.
6. Finish off by pouring the remaining enchilada sauce over the lasagne and sprinkling over remaining cheese.
7. Cover and cook for 40 minutes.