This is a perfect summer lunch or supper enjoyed with a cool chardonnay.
I made this fritatta for the first time this weekend. I love the sweet peppers in this as I think they work really well in a fritatta as well as the deliciously caramalised red onion. I added in some pre cooked potatoes as they were already in the fridge from tea the previous evening.
The plan was to save some for lunch tomorrow as it would work really well cold as part of a picnic or a tasty lunchtime treat. But it was far too delicious and we ate it all without any leftovers!
I served it with a baby spinach and rocket salad dressed with a lemon and mustard vinigarette.
Sweet Pepper Fritatta
6 tblsp olive oil
2 Red Peppers
2 Yellow Peppers
2 garlic cloves
1 red onion
salt and pepper
1. Cut the peppers in half and deseed. Place them under the grill until the skins are blackened. Allow to cool then peel the skins off and slice into strips.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and add the sliced onion and garlic. Allow to caramalise the edges but be careful not to burn. Add the peppers and potato and cook for a minute or so.
3. Beat the eggs together and season with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and cook stirring with a spatula for a couple of minutes.
4. Before the egg is completely set place the pan in the oven for about 10 minutes.
5. Allow to cool slightly then carefully invert onto a plate or chopping board.
6. Serve hot or cold with a green salad.